IT Workplace - Deskside Support
Dreaming big is in our DNA. Brewing the world’s most loved beers and creating meaningful experiences is what inspires us. We are owners, empowered to lead real change, deliver on tough challenges, and take accountability for the results. We are looking for talent that shares these values, that is ambitious, bold & resilient. We want talent that is looking for fast career growth, cross-functional experiences, global exposure and robust training & development.
Founded over 175 years ago, Labatt is one of Canada’s founding businesses and its leading brewer. We are proud of our history and our heritage in Canada, and we remain committed to brewing great-tasting, high-quality beers that have satisfied beer drinkers for generations. Labatt has created exciting experiences with consumers through iconic brands like Budweiser, Bud Light, NÜTRL, Michelob Ultra, Corona, Stella Artois and many more. Through our broad portfolio, we are truly a national brewer, with over 3,600 employees, a portfolio of more than 60 quality beers and beyond, and 10 breweries from coast-to-coast, we are proud to serve Canada and the communities we call home.
The Deskside Support Technician is primarily responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the hardware/software needs of a location within the corporate infrastructure and IT Workplace Services. The incumbent is an energetic individual able to perform in a fast-paced environment with a proven ability to collaborate with in-house users and external service providers to accomplish a variety of tasks. The Deskside Support Technician will handle desk-side support issues for all office users including troubleshooting and assisting users with connectivity issues, logging all incidents properly using the Internal Ticketing system (JIRA), and following up to ensure all issues are resolved within SLAs. This position requires someone who is personable, has great communications skills, pays close attention to the details, and has a lot of patience when dealing with users who have a wide range of PC experience. The Deskside Support Technician must be able to support all hardware and equipment (including but not limited to Laptops, PC, HP terminals, printers, and office phones) to ensure optimal workplace performance and provide end-user assistance where required (In-person, by telephone, or via remote access).
- Updating existing SOP and on demand requests
- Assist staff with the installation, configuration and ongoing usability of Laptops, Desktop computers, Printers, peripheral equipment, and software.
- Telecom Support including third party telephone provider with hands-on phone support
- Resolving and repairing any PC/Windows related issues
- Responsible for preparing and rolling out new hardware including Desktops and Laptops
- 2nd and 3rd level Help-Desk duties
- Assisting with network tasks
- Support conference room technology including projectors, TV’s, AV equipment, etc.
- Support Corporate iPads for the Sales force
- Support Telepresence/Zoom/Teams or other Video conferencing technologies
- Workplace Project support
- Monitoring & Managing Assets
- Remote support of laptops and applications over the phone for remote users
- Installation and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established corporate policy guidelines
- Basic hands-on network support and required to work with our internal network team providing basic day to day infrastructure support
- Knowledge on ticketing system and mandatory requirement of meeting deadlines and SLA’s
- Follow all relevant Labatt policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
3 to 5 years of experience supporting desktops and laptops (Windows 7 to 10)
- Experience with troubleshooting PC hardware issues and repairing desktop and laptops
- Experience with installing software, patches, and system updates on desktops, laptops
MacOS support for laptops and iPads
- Basic hands-on Smartphone support for iOS and Android devices
- Experience with troubleshooting basic network, software, printing problems
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills both verbal and written
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in an industrial environment
- Valid G Drivers License required for occasional site travel
- Strong knowledge of operating systems including Windows 7, Windows 10, MacOS, IGEL
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- Knowledge of Azure Active Directory
- Strong Knowledge of O365 and Office Suites
- Knowledge of standard business and web-based applications
- Basic presentation/deck building knowledge (PowerPoint)
- Scripting knowledge is an asset
- Post-Secondary degree in Computer Science or IT-related Diploma
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) preferred
- Industry certifications, this can include A+, N+ and/or MCTS/MCITP
As one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Labatt is a place where our people can bring out the best in themselves through a collective purpose of creating A Future With More Cheers. We are always looking to serve up new ways to meet life’s moments, dream big to move our industry forward, and make a meaningful impact in our communities. We believe in brewing up a future that everyone can celebrate and share.
- Health benefits plan, including competitive coverage for medical, dental, mental health, life, and disability insurance, that can be flexed to fit your needs
- Additional flex credits for healthcare or wellness spending accounts
- Retirement plan with a generous company-matching contribution, and low-fee RRSP & TFSA savings opportunities to help you secure your financial future
- Personalized support through an inclusive family-forming benefit, and generous financial support/top-ups for parental leave
- Access to many wellbeing resources, including Employee & Family Assistance Program support, Webinars, and more.
- An annual allotment of Beer and Beyond-Beer products for employees!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At Labatt Breweries of Canada, we are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to maintaining a welcoming, safe, and inclusive environment for every person – regardless of age, race, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, neurodivergence, or disability status.?
REQUIRE ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE?
Labatt Breweries of Canada is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.