As Finance Manager you’re a key member of the OES team and responsible for providing financial leadership, expertise, and support/direction to the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), Sales Team, Accounting Team, and others within the Company as required. You hold responsibility for managing the overall financial operations of OES and provide accurate information to support the Director of Finance, including analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and preparing financial reports. You’re also accountable for directing and managing the Company’s accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures as well as the preparation of financial statements and reporting.
Monthly Process Close (50% of time)
- Leading the month end close process including but not limited to:
- Posting transactions, reconciliations, accruals, etc.
- Reviewing accounts for unusual transactions
- G&A variance analysis
- Internal financial statement preparation
- Ad hoc report preparation
- Ensuring the accuracy and integrity of data collected for the preparation and inputted into the monthly financial statements
- Completing the monthly close process on time and delivering timely financial statements for internal and external stakeholders by the end of day 6.
- Identifying opportunities to improve processes and collaboration and executing on those process improvements
Support (30 % of time)
- Supervising and providing back up as necessary for working capital management including accounts receivable, accounts payable and inventory
- Producing ad hoc reports for internal and external stakeholders as required
- Supporting the Director of Finance across treasury, audit, working capital management and other areas as required
Process and other responsibilities (20% of time)
- Monitoring and maintaining internal controls and accounting policies and procedures
- Identify opportunities to improve department processes and productivity
- Remain up-to-date on new accounting procedures and their effect on financial statements
- Processing payment for various local, provincial and federal taxes and duties
- Oversee transactions for foreign offices and report variances (from Budget) in a timely manner
- Updating CAPEX tracker for additions/disposals as well gains/losses on sale of fixed assets
- Remaining organized and keep all office files (including electronic files) and records up to date and define procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records
- University Degree in Business/Accounting or related field is required.
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA – CMA or CA)
- 3-5+ years experience in accounting
- 2+ years of leadership experience in a managerial role
- Strong computer skills including JobBoss and Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn new IT platforms and experience with other accounting software is preferred
- Manufacturing industry experience considered an asset
- Knowledge of general business practice and the ability to interpret financial information
- Experience administering Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE)
- Highly analytical and detail oriented
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Leader, coach, and relationship building within an organization
- Emotionally intelligent and seeks to resolve conflict / troubleshoot issues
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Self-starter who is proactive and driven to succeed in all situations
- Ability to handle additional responsibilities or stretch assignment over time
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to develop and maintain a professional rapport with clients, consultants, and team members.
- Able to deal with situations and people ethically, honestly and with integrity.
- Self-motivated, high-energy individual with the ability to motivate others.
- Commitment to OES Core Values
We are truly dedicated to connecting great people with a great place to work, learn and grow. Email your cover letter and resume by November 12th, 2021.
Addressed to: Human Resources, OES Inc.
OES is committed to providing accommodations throughout the entire recruitment and selection process. OES provides accommodations for applicants upon request.
About OES Inc.
If you’re looking for a company where electronics, technology and sports collide with innovation, you’ve found it. For over 40 years we’ve developed unique and diverse solutions across a broad range of applications, markets, and customers through our three business divisions – OES Scoreboards, OES Technologies and OES Manufacturing.
At OES, our team is driven by making our connected world a safer place, motivated to bring unique ideas to life and we push ourselves to tackle technology problems in smart and dynamic ways. If you want to design the future, make a difference in the lives of millions of global citizens, and have fun doing it, then join our team. Learn more about OES Inc. at www.oes-inc.com.
OES Core Values
At OES, it’s all about relationships. Over the years, we’ve developed trusted advisor relationships across multiple markets and industries worldwide. Our reputation for innovation is second only to our reputation for unmatched customer service. Our continued success is driven by striving for absolute customer satisfaction and embracing 4F’s – Fast, Focused, Flexible, and Finish – every single day.