About the job
Dreaming big is in our DNA. It’s who we are as a company. It’s our culture. It’s our heritage. And more than ever, it’s our future. A future where we’re always looking forward. Always serving up new ways to meet life’s moments. A future where we keep dreaming bigger. We look for people with passion, talent, and curiosity, and provide them with the teammates, resources and opportunities to unleash their full potential. The power we create together – when we combine your strengths with ours – is unstoppable. Are you ready to join a team that dreams as big as you do?
SHIFTS: Monday – Friday, Weekend Availability required
Founded over 175 years ago, Labatt is one of Canada’s founding businesses and its leading brewer. We are proud of our history and our heritage in Canada, and we remain committed to brewing great-tasting, high-quality beers that have satisfied beer drinkers for generations. Labatt has created exciting experiences with consumers through iconic brands like Budweiser, Bud Light, NÜTRL, Michelob Ultra, Corona, Stella Artois and many more. Through our broad portfolio, we are truly a national brewer, with over 3,600 employees, a portfolio of more than 60 quality beers and beyond, and 10 breweries from coast-to-coast, we are proud to serve Canada and the communities we call home.
- Planning, directing, and managing brewing activities
- Ensure compliance with the organizations management control and reporting system and effective execution of brewing processes
- Manage and ensure departmental resources are available to meet production and scheduling demands
- Accountable for delivery of key performance indicators (service, quality, EHS, etc.) for the brewing department
- Responsible for cost performance (both variable and fixed) of the brewing department.
- Ensure effective troubleshooting and problem solving of process issues
- Responsible for the effective optimization of Brewing Capex and improvement projects
- Establish strong working relationships with internal peers and external contacts.
- Create a productive working environment for the team through feedback, coaching and mentoring as required to develop individuals.
- Manage relationships with unions where appropriate
- University or College degree, Engineering or Science preferred
- Brewing Diploma (Institute & Guild of Brewing Associate or equivalent courses)
- 5 years direct brewing experience in an industrial capacity
- Strong leadership skills required
- High attention to detail with a?mechanical aptitude
- Financial and analytical skills required
- Able to work cross-functionally with other leaders on sensitive and/or emotive issues.
- Unionized distribution/manufacturing experience an asset
- Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with MS Office Suits
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
As one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Labatt is a place where our people can bring out the best in themselves through a collective purpose of creating A Future With More Cheers. We are always looking to serve up new ways to meet life’s moments, dream big to move our industry forward, and make a meaningful impact in our communities. We believe in brewing up a future that everyone can celebrate and share.
- Health benefits plan, including competitive coverage for medical, dental, mental health, life, and disability insurance, that can be flexed to fit your needs
- Additional flex credits for healthcare or wellness spending accounts
- Retirement plan with a generous company-matching contribution, and low-fee RRSP & TFSA savings opportunities to help you secure your financial future
- Personalized support through an inclusive family-forming benefit, and generous financial support/top-ups for parental leave
- Access to many wellbeing resources, including Employee & Family Assistance Program support, Webinars, and more.
- An annual allotment of Beer and Beyond-Beer products for employees!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At Labatt Breweries of Canada, we are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to maintaining a welcoming, safe, and inclusive environment for every person – regardless of age, race, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, neurodivergence, or disability status.
REQUIRE ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE?
Labatt Breweries of Canada is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.
Labatt Breweries will never ask you for money or reimbursement of training fees as part of our recruitment process. Any email communication you receive as part of the application or onboarding process will come from a @Labatt.com email address. If you have any questions or concerns, please email the recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Instagram @ labattbreweries
LinkedIn @ Labatt Breweries of Canada
Posted on Sep 6, 2023.