Hardware Developer Engineer
If being part of a Canadian hearing healthcare company which improves people’s quality of life sounds like a good fit for you, then this is THE place to be!
We are a local company but with global activities and partnerships. We operate in the Diagnostic Hearing business as one of four business areas within the Danish Demant Group. The entire group consists of more than 16,000 employees worldwide. Audioscan operates as an independent entity in Canada, with our own R&D, Production, Purchasing, Marketing and Support activities.
You will operate out of Dorchester at Audioscan which is one of our many global diagnostic brands. The other brands are placed in Denmark, UK, USA, and Germany. We sell our equipment in more than 100 countries through our own sales companies and external distributors.
Purpose of the Position:
Reporting to the Hardware Development Manager, this position is responsible for a variety of tasks that supports the design, testing, and manufacturing of medical equipment.
- Design support for new designs and modifications for existing designs
- Technical support for production
- Design reports
- Support for regulatory e.g. IEC 60601 Medical Electrical Equipment
- Preparation and supervision of external lab tests in support of regulatory requirements
- Analog electronics for audio applications - transducers, analyzer/generator, amplifier, test systems
- Regulatory compliance engineering – Electrical Safety, EMC, ESD
- Awareness of IEC electrical safety requirements
- Understanding of embedded systems
- Knowledge of ISO Quality Systems
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent written communication
- Values and ethics
Educational & Experience Requirements
- B.A. Sc. Electrical Engineering
- 4-5 Years of Experience
Audioscan welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process
About the Company
Located in Dorchester, just East of London, Ontario, Audioscan is North America’s leading manufacturer of professional hearing aid verification equipment. At Audioscan, we are committed to delivering to our customers user-friendly, affordable tools that bring science to the fitting of hearing instruments. Founded in 1983, we have a lot of history and a strong company culture. You will get 25 experienced colleagues with an average seniority level of 16 years. We value a safe, clean, pleasant, and rewarding working environment, which encourages innovation, personal growth, and self-management.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Audioscan Team