Staff, Manufacturing Engineering - Assembly
Staff, Manufacturing Engineering – Assembly (P55)
Key Job Elements
- Work directly with Engineering to provide Manufacturing Engineering leadership and direction
- Work closely with Production staff and transfer shop ideas/knowledge to Engineering
- Manage the influence of product design upfront with Design for Manufacturability (DFM) Analysis and authorize acceptance of design including production requirements and limitations
- Lead the development of the Manufacturing Bill of Material (MBOM)
- Guide the development of the detailed work instruction, standard work hours and direct the definition of tool requirements to support build process
- Provide shop floor processing support and guidance in the Assembly departments
- Lead the Production teams in the development and implementation of continuous process improvements
- Coordinate with the Tool Engineering department to define tooling requirements
- Support initial start-up Production processes (Manufacturing Validation Build/Product Launch Process/First Piece Inspection)
- Oversee Manufacturing Engineering standard hour development and monitor process efficiencies
- Provide effective process/manufacturing engineering leadership to the shop floor
- Provide technical documentation control support to Production, as required
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering and all other key stakeholders on process improvements
- Monitor process effectiveness and record issues in Maximo database
- Lead the development and management of Manufacturing Engineering Assembly Bid and Proposal estimates and support the acquisition of new business opportunities
- University Degree or College diploma in Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering; or Skilled Trades License with 10+ years equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Manufacturing Engineering Technologist for a heavy equipment manufacturer
- Excellent working knowledge of Team Center, Oracle and Maximo
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to meet Anthropometrical Size Restrictions for confined space
- Ability to travel (5% Cdn) and (5% Int'l) and possess/be able to acquire and maintain a valid passport
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances (GD&T)
- Working knowledge of Team Center, Oracle and Maximo
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with shop floor employees in a unionized environment
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
General Dynamics Land Systems–Canada is committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for our employees. We welcome and encourage applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous Persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or expression.
If you require an accommodation to assist you with any aspect of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Contact londonHR@gdls.com if you need accommodation.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems-Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.