This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Oct 17, 2022
CNC Machine Operator
We are looking for a CNC Machine Operator to join our team at Amsted Automotive! We are expanding and are looking to bring in enthusiastic team members! This opportunity is perfect for those who are mechanically inclined and interested in learning about and working with a progressive and diverse automotive parts manufacturer.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Amsted Automotive Group, London, Ontario, is looking for a CNC operator capable of operating all production and related equipment in the department, consistently meeting quality, safety, and production expectations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Operate a variety of CNC machining centers (including changeover, part loading, machine operation, unloading, packing, and inspection)
- Perform tasks including offsets, cycle time reductions, and carry out or participate in various continuous improvement activities
- Perform quality checks on own work, or work of others as required for quality
- Record and/or report all quality defects
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Complete work assignments with accuracy, sense of urgency, and in a safe manner in accordance with established standards, and all applicable Regulations / Legislation
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- High school or equivalent
- Mechanically inclined, keen interest in
- 1-3 years relevant work experience preferred
- Experience in automotive and/or manufacturing environment an asset
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Reliable transportation needed
WHAT ELSE YOU'LL NEED TO KNOW
- $18.00 / hour + shift premium
- Shift Premiums for Afternoons & Midnights
- Straight afternoon shift or straight midnight shift
- Overtime after 40 hours
- Vacation – up to 10 days to start, 1-4 years 13 days, 5-9 years 18 days, 10 years or more 23 days
- 3 Floater days
- Weekly Pay by Direct Deposit
- Employee Discounts with suppliers including GM and Ford.
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Day
- Peer to Peer Recognition Program
- Service Awards
- Onboarding SWAG Bag
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company paid uniform
- Reimbursement for Work Boot, Safety Glasses and form fitted hearing protection
- Continuous training and professional development
- Opportunity to work in a growing company and industry
- Corporate behaviours that promote respect, listening, trust, integrity, creativity, innovation and teamwork.
Means TransForm Products is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request and throughout the entire recruitment process.
- Work may require extended periods of sitting, standing, lifting, bending, stooping, and performing repetitive motion tasks
- Excellent manual dexterity, ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Must be willing and able to work any shift as may be required
- Manufacturing environment working with machines, parts, and equipment
- Wear personal protective equipment as prescribed