At Trojan Technologies, we believe there’s nothing more essential than delivering clean water to the world. That’s especially true in this critical moment, when the world’s supply of clean water is under substantial stress due to industrialization, increasing demand, and rising biological and chemical contamination. Our mission is to stem that tide: to ensure greater water confidence and environmental stewardship for people, industries, and municipalities, improving the lives of over one billion people globally.
As part of our global team, you’ll work alongside customers from municipalities to pharmaceutical and food and beverage companies to build creative, sustainable solutions. You’ll also find a welcoming and supportive team that listens to your ideas and allows you to follow your strengths. All of us feel privileged to work on innovative technologies that bring clean water to the world—we hope you will, too.
Trojan is proud to be one of Danaher's Water Quality companies. Motivated by the highest possible stakes of climate change and global health, we’re working together within a rapidly digitizing industry to find innovative technologies that guarantee the safety of our water and our environment.
About the role:
This role leads, develops, and implements sourcing strategies that will drive cost savings for commodity assignments. We're looking to further develop our commodity management structure, and this is an excellent opportunity to join a truly growth minded organization and be a part of the build! Change management ability will be important as we're currently going thru an ERP implementation as well.
This role is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement in which you can either work part-time at the company location in London and part-time remotely from your home. Multiple locations have been listed for marketing purposes but only one position is available.
Implement thoughtful sourcing strategies through developing supplier value-adding relationships with internal customers, and multi-functional departments (45%)
- Apply strategic negotiation and purchase of various components and commodities including complex commodities such as fabricated parts, machining, casting, valves, PCB, UV Lamps, Lighting Ballast, Electrical Components, Wiring Harness & Cables, MRO
Engage & Support R&D & Engineering on all New Product Development (NPI), and introduction programs (30%)
- Dynamic understanding of marketplace technologies, for adoption, and incorporation into Trojan Technologies value proposition.
- Identify and implement business improvement initiatives and inspire change through Danaher Business System (DBS)
Supplier Management (10%)
- Build, evaluate and maintain a ‘best in class’ supplier base.
- Work with global procurement teams to establish site manufacturing inputs / requirements are aligned with center led strategy
Develop RFP's and RFQ's to support engineering specifications and project requirements (5%)
Design, and lead supplier contract negotiations (10%)
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Supply Chain, Engineering, or another applicable program
- 7 to 10 years of procurement / category management experience.
- Experience in a global company, ideally in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with MRP / ERP materials planning systems. Baan or LN experience is a plus
- Experience procuring custom engineered water treatment equipment will be highly valued
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.