Manufacturing Engineering Technologist
At General Dynamics Land Systems we put our Customers at the centre of everything we do. Our commitment to protect and enable the people who serve drives us to develop products and systems that give them a clear advantage for mission success. We are looking for passionate individuals to help us deliver innovative, unique solutions to our Customers.
- Work directly with Engineering to provide Manufacturing engineering leadership and direction
- Work closely with Production staff and transfer shop ideas/knowledge to Engineering
- Perform Design For Manufacturing analysis (DFM/A)
- Develop and maintain the Manufacturing Bill of Material (MBOM)
- Develop and maintain Team Center/Oracle routings and Manufacturing Work Instructions
- Provide shop floor manufacturing support to the Weld/Fabrication operation
- Lead Production teams in the development and implementation of continuous process improvements
- Work with the Tool Engineering department to define tooling requirements
- Support initial start-up of Production processes (MVB/PLP/FPI)
- Develop standard hour estimates for all new operations
- Provide technical documentation control to Production
- Monitor process effectiveness and record issues in Maximo database
- University Degree or College Diploma in Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering; or Skilled Trades license with 10+ years equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Manufacturing Engineering Technologist for a heavy equipment manufacturer
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with shop floor employees in a unionized environment
- Excellent working knowledge of TeamCenter and Oracle
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to meet Anthropometrical Size Restrictions for confined space
- Ability to travel (5%Cdn) and (5% US & Int'l) and possess/be able to acquire and maintain a valid passport
- Knowledge of Maximo, Siemens NX
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.