McCormick Canada continues its long track record of growth and is a respected leader in the spice, seasoning, flavouring and specialty food industry. We work hard to provide quality products such as our Club House spices, Billy Bee honey and newly acquired Frank’s RedHot and French’s.
The Power of People is one of our five pillars. It has been the foundation for McCormick's success for decades. There is something inspiring about working at McCormick. We have created an unusually dedicated workforce by fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values. Without our employees, our success is not possible. Our commitment to our customers, our consumers, and our employees is unsurpassed.
McCormick Canada is currently looking to hire a Licensed Millwright to join our London team. This position is located at our Clark Road location.
- Maintain and trouble shoot plant equipment and machinery
- Operate workshop equipment such as lathes, milling machines, drill presses, saws, hand tools, welders
- Fabricate machine parts and Install machinery
- Provide work description and information to the work order system
- Provide information to the stockroom for maintaining and ordering spare parts
- Carry out Preventative Maintenance on machines and lines as required,
- Take a leadership role in maintaining and improving Line Productivity
- Communicate with line mechanics and operators to optimize line performance
- Contribute to the overall performance of the Maintenance Department to meet customer satisfaction
- Follow all safety and company policies and procedures
- Utilize stock room system for recording and ordering parts
- Identify new ways of developing systems to improve efficiency
- Adhere to government regulations and guidelines for machinery repairs
- Adhere to GMP standards, Health and Safety regulations and work procedures
- Licensed Millwright
- Relevant college diploma
- 5 years industrial plant experience (post apprenticeship, food industry preferred)
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Capable of operating all types of machine shop equipment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to upgrade technical skills as required
- Physically capable of carrying out all aspects of tasks involved.
- Flexibility to work between A, B, C and other shifts as required (i.e. continental, weekend shifts, etc)
- Ability to work overtime (pre-shift and weekends)
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply at; www.mccormickcorporation.com, job requisition ID 86821.
We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Throughout the selection process, accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request. Please notify H.R. if required.