If being part of a Canadian hearing healthcare company which improves people’s quality of life sounds like a good fit for you, then this is THE place to be!
The Production Associate will work within a team to achieve production goals in a safe manner, while setting priorities and maintaining production timelines and requirements.
Purpose of the Position
Reporting to the Production Lead and Manufacturing Manager, the Production Associate will be responsible for a variety of typical production tasks from assembling parts to testing finished product to packaging, to be completed in a timely and efficient manner.
The typical tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assembly of products using standard work instructions.
- Micro soldering, using a microscope.
- Testing products.
- Packaging products for shipment.
- Receiving parts shipped from suppliers.
- General housekeeping duties.
- Able to read work instructions, guidelines, and/or diagrams to ensure product specifications and tolerance levels are met.
- Excellent manual dexterity and eyesight as many assemblies include working with very small parts.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the electronics field.
- Experienced in soldering small parts / micro soldering very desirable.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Familiarity with ISO9000 or ISO13485 Quality Systems. (very desirable)
- Intermediate level computer skills.
- Timely response, ability to align to production flow if required.
- Team player.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal/written communication skills.
- Values and ethics.
- Organized and attention to detail.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- High School graduate.
- Electronics training very desirable.
- 2+ years in an electronics / small parts assembly environment very desirable.
Work Conditions and Requirements
Audioscan is an Equal Opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The Production Associate job involves a combination of sitting, standing, walking.
Audioscan is not located on public transportation route, therefore your own reliable transportation is required.
About the Company
Located in Dorchester, just East of London, Ontario, Audioscan is North America’s leading manufacturer of professional hearing aid verification equipment. At Audioscan, we are committed to delivering to our customers user-friendly, affordable tools that bring science to the fitting of hearing instruments. Founded in 1983, we have a lot of history and a strong company culture. We value a safe, clean, pleasant and rewarding working environment, which encourages innovation, personal growth and self-management.
We are a local company but with global activities and partnerships. We operate in the Diagnostic Hearing business as one of four business areas within the Danish Demant Group. The entire group consists of more than 16,000 employees worldwide. Audioscan operates as an independent entity in Canada, with our own R&D, Production, Purchasing, Marketing and Support activities. The other brands are placed in Denmark, UK, USA, and Germany. We sell our equipment in more than 100 countries through our own sales companies and external distributors.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible language requirement:
- soldering: 2 years (preferred)
- production assembly: 2 years (preferred)