- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting result
- Provide accurate daily/weekly/monthly status updates on all work activities within the team
- Manage key cost elements e.g. overtime, departmental expenses, efficiencies and schedule
- Be a leader in teaming concepts and actively identify and implement process improvements
- Use effective coaching techniques to train and develop leadership and technical capabilities of the team
- Maintains working relationship with the union by following the terms of the Unifor Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Maintain compliance with internal policies, procedures and regulations including ISO, security, safety regulations and industrial training requirements
- Maintain favourable working relationships with internal and external customers
• University degree or College diploma in business or other relevant discipline with an operational focus.
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Strong technical and computer skills
• Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
• Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
• Ability to work under demanding operational conditions
• Ability to collaborate between departments and stakeholder groups and influence decisions
• Ability to lead and work within a team environment
• Ability to work shift work as required
• Experience in a unionized manufacturing environment
• Previous supervisory experience
• Knowledge of manufacturing operations
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.