Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847) 482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws.
Palletizes finished good cases according to specifications and requirements. Operates case taper. Feeds blank WIP into blank fed machines. General clean up and assistance with moving materials into, out of, and within the cup production area and warehouse. Responsible for upkeep and organization of their own work areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties performed by employees in this position will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Palletizes finished cases, insuring proper taping and stacking specifications and requirements are met.
- Supplies empty pallets to Padlocker using forklift.
- Feeds blank WIP into the blank fed machines.
- Removes waste and recyclables from production area and places them into appropriate locations.
- Operate manual baler and auto-baler to and removing bales.
- Operates case taper, changing tape, cleaning rollers, and clearing jams on taper as required.
- Assists with general housekeeping in all production areas as assigned by supervisor.
- Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervision.
- Requires training on forklift, box lifters and Little David (automatic taper).
- Maintains forklift certification.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Grade 12 or equivalent education.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Grade 12 math.
MECHANICAL SKILLS: Requires sufficient knowledge of applicable machines to operate. May be required to clear jams, change tape, remove bales in padlocker and baling equipment.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Able to read, write and speak English in order to receive instruction and communicate problems. Courtesy and tact in communications required to respond to multiple requests for services. Able to communicate effectively, get along with coworkers and management..
REASONING ABILITY: Job requires the application of established methods or procedures. Work may involve a choice of methods. Requires ability to determine priorities when faced with multiple requests.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Employee is required to stand while performing the duties of this job.
• Good color vision required to distinguish corrugate case colors.
• Good vision required to safely operate powered industrial trucks.
• Job requires continuous lifting from 7 lbs. to 38 lbs.
• Some twisting or pressure of hands or wrists while driving powered industrial trucks.
• Some lifting from floor and knuckle height to shoulder height and above.