This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
At Pactiv, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented a number of safety precautions at all of our locations to protect our employees. These precautions include but are not limited to, mandatory face coverings, daily COVID-19 screenings, including temperature screenings, social distancing requirements, and proper hygiene protocols. In addition, we provide all of our employees with regular COVID-19 updates and education.
Diagnoses electrical and mechanical problems associated with all equipment in a manufacturing environment. Directly responsible for installation, maintenance & repair of all electrical equipment concerned with plant operation, services & buildings including storage & inventory of spare parts. Uses basic hand and specialty tools for installation or repair of equipment in accordance with established safety procedures. Train other personnel on electrical troubleshooting. Train other personnel under an apprenticeship program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties performed by employees in this position will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Read blueprints & wiring diagrams for the installation & repair of equipment and the building
- Prepares wiring diagrams as needed.
- Examines mechanical equipment to diagnose trouble. Disassembles, repairs/replaces parts and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment, such as motors, pumps, conveyors, belts, fans, etc.
- Assists development of simple types of experimental & operating equipment.
- Cleans, lubricates & adjusts functional parts of mechanical devices as necessary.
- Performs major electrical repairs including 3-phase, 600 & PLC, new installations of equipment, replaces and tests electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances.
- Uses precision measuring tools/devices, hand tools and testing instruments.
- Inspects and tests electrical equipment, lighting, signal, communication, and power circuits.
- Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment using testing instruments such as ammeter, ohmmeter, voltmeter, testing lamp, or growler, and when necessary assist the mechanics on repair/replacement of defective parts.
- Replaces faulty switches, sockets, and other elements of electrical systems.
- Trains apprentice electricians.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures, including lock-out/tag-out.
- Ensures electrical work conforms to requirements of local building and safety codes.
- Inspects completed repairs.
- Requisitions new parts and equipment.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area throughout the shift.
- Communicates problems encountered throughout the shift to the Plant Engineer or Maintenance Supervisor.
- Dismantles and installs electrical transformers, lighting fixtures and ballasts. Replaces bulbs.
- Performs carpenter, plumbing, and painter related work.
- Operates any equipment needed to perform job.
- Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervision.
- Repairs parts that require minor machine work & welding. Uses gas & electric welding equipment.Installs, dismantles and relocates electrical transformers & lighting fixtures into position. Completes circuits according to specifications.
- Has operating knowledge of all production & service equipment
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Licensed electrician with a 442A or 309A designation. Must take & pass (within allowable limits) a mechanical & electrical aptitude questionnaire. Previous related experience is mandatory.
Basic mathematical ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide multi-digit numbers including fractions Ability to perform these operations using units of both Canadian and American weight, measurement, and volume.
High degree of knowledge of equipment and aptitude for understanding mechanical systems through formal training and/or education. Be able to perform repairs (including mechanical). Uses and/or make special attachments when necessary. Certified to operate forklift. Trained in lock out/tag out procedures.
Ability to express through verbal or visual aid and able to write numbers and time in clear, understandable messages. Must be able to read, write & understand basic English. Able to communicate effectively, get along with coworkers & management and deal effectively & professionally under pressure.
Job requires making decisions based on established guidelines regarding running or shutting down on defective work and operational problems/difficulties of all kinds. Plans repair procedures for most efficient accomplishment of job at hand. Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry but detailed and simple written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations. Uses high degree of ingenuity in solving all types of maintenance problems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 12 hour shifts.
- Required to stand & walk continually.
- Frequent lifting up to 10 pounds, occasionally will lift & carry up to 50 pounds and occasional assisted lifting & carrying up to 100 pounds.
- Frequent pushing/pulling up to 40 pounds.
- Frequent bending, stooping, kneeling & reaching.
- Frequent repetitive finger movement.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Constant noise levels above 92db
- Dust from paper converting process constantly present
- Exposed to vibration while operating powered industrial trucks.
- Wears all PPE’s provided
- Practices all GMP’s as required
- May experience temperature extremes based on outside temperature.
- Employee constantly works near moving mechanical parts and powered industrial trucks.
- Employee constantly works in a common area shared with others with no division of space.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals found in plant such as part wash cleaning solution, acetone and propane
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pactiv complies with the laws and regulations outlined in the "EEO is The Law" poster.
Please click here to view the "EEO is The Law" poster supplement. Please click here to view the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Applicants with physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may request assistance by calling (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com. Please clearly indicate that you need assistance. Recruiter and general inquiries of any kind will not be answered.