For over 70 years Buckland has been working to help companies across the world experience global trade in a better way. Buckland employs a unique approach to global trade that focuses on combining trusted technologies and talented people that know how to use them. As a customer-focused company, Buckland provides customers with a single source of unmatched Customs Brokerage (Canadian, US, Mexican), Trade Managed Solutions, Freight Forwarding, Trade Technologies and Warehousing/Distribution Services. Buckland strives to provide customized services in a memorable way.
Reporting to Manager, IT Operations, the position of IT Support Specialist – Lead is responsible for providing leadership to the IT Operations team in the support of the end user IT experience at Buckland. A successful candidate will have a strong ability to provide strategic direction to the IT Operations support team following ITIL/ITSM best practices to identify, resolve issues and deliver improvements. The Lead (IT Support Specialist) will be required to actively review the performance and actions of the team and setup opportunities to review and set targets for constant improvement. The Lead is tasked with managing and prioritizing of support incidents to ensure internal and external SLAs are met.
Leads are involved in ongoing planning, designing and negotiations with contractors, vendors and internal teams following formal change management processes.
This position requires an excellent skill for documentation and the ability to analyze and report data that relates to the success of the support team and the total Buckland end user IT experience.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary, benefits package and matching retirement plan
- A friendly, collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for professional development & ongoing learning
- A chance to be part of a growing organization
- Field incoming help requests from end users via phone, ticketing system or in person
- Act as the primary point of contact for major incidents, coordinating the incident management process, and ensuring timely and effective communication with stakeholders.
- Participate in the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all production systems, software, and communication links.
- Maintain and implement ITIL/ITSM best practices and processes for incident management, problem management, and continuous service improvement.
- Provide front line support by phone, remote or in person to ensure the end user experience
- Training and coaching of IT Operations team members both 1on1 and in groups to increase key issue knowledge and remediation of shortfalls in skills
- Perform ongoing reviews and coaching of IT Operations team to promote success
- Provide hands on support of data systems, hardware, software and equipment
- Monitor and analyze performance metrics to identify trends and areas for improvement, and to ensure service level agreements (SLAs) are met consistently.
- Participate in change management processes, assessing the potential impact of changes and ensuring that risks are mitigated effectively
- Ensure hardware, software and network are available 98+% of time on 24/7 basis,
- Develop and maintain documentation, including incident reports and (SOPs).
- Ensure integration of support services and incident management processes
- Participate in on-call afterhours and weekend incident support to meet SLA’s
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Successfully completed Computer Science Degree/Diploma or related technical education focusing on the following:
- Virtual server technologies such as VMWare
- Cloud Infrastructure
- Microsoft Exchange online or equivalent cloud-based system
- Windows enterprise applications, Active Directory, IIS, file servers, etc.
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Desktop support for PC environment supporting Windows 10 and Microsoft Office suite
- Networking involving multiple platforms, Cisco/Nortel/HP/Dell/other vendors
- ITIL Foundation Certification, with advanced certifications (such as ITIL Expert) preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in IT support, with at least 2 years in a team lead role
- Experience in leading service teams through Project Management Life Cycles
- Strong knowledge of ITSM processes, tools, and best practices
- Experience in providing successful coaching and training of Performance Improvement Plans (PIP)
- Strong report generation skills for identifying team level and department level performance
- Networking fundamentals and experience considered an asset
- Microsoft 365 and Azure experience and applied knowledge of PowerShell scripting
If this describes you, we’d love to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.buckland.com to learn more about Buckland and apply through our Career page today.
Those applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in the application and/or interview process must submit their request to the Human Resources Department