Manufacturing Engineering Technologist
As a member of our Manufacturing Engineering team, you will conduct studies and develop programs and standards to achieve efficient and safe industrial production, and efficient and safe use of machinery and materials. Implement equipment, plant, and facility projects.
Studies, Analyses, Planning and Implementation
- Optimizing the utilization of people/machine/material resources through conducting various time and motion studies.
- Measure and improve quality, cost and throughput for manufacturing processes.
- Leverage PFMEA process to feedback to NPD for device and assembly improvements.
- Plan and design plant and facility layouts
- Implement approved plans and projects for plant, facilities, and equipment
Process and System Development and Participation
- Execute validation and verification activities for new and modified products and processes.
- Maintain all process documentation e.g., work instructions, standard operating procedures.
- Support development and delivery of training programs for assembly skills.
- Design and build fixtures and workstations.
Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Optimize equipment through regular preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Assist in maintenance projects when required.
Health & Safety
- Comply with relevant health and safety legislation, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
- Identify and eliminate hazards throughout the manufacturing process.
- Assist with hazard assessments and ergonomic risk evaluations. Assist with the development of strategies to reduce exposure to injuries, e.g. repetitive strain.
- Certificate or Diploma in Engineering Technology or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience in manufacturing engineering and design of assembly jigs and fixtures
- Computer literate with:
- Advanced experience in AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks 3D CAD
- Advanced experience in MS Excel
- Advanced experience in MS Word
- Advanced experience in a Windows environment
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of assembly design and product manufacturing in an ISO 13485 & GMP environment
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently
If you interested in this employment opportunity, please apply through LinkedIn
At the applicant's request, TMI will make accommodation to its recruitment process to meet the needs of applicants with disabilities.
Please send your résumé only once per position.
Résumés will be accepted throughout the process, but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
TMI is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in joining our team.