Quality Engineering Coordinator
Job Number: 42449
Group: Cosma International
Division: Presstran Industries
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Location: ST. THOMAS
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
The Engineering Coordinator-Quality is required to work with all departments on the development of new products in order to meet customer and ISO/IATF-16949 requirements. This includes all quality related aspects of PPAP, prototype and ongoing product development.
- Act as a champion/decision maker for quality related issues within the scope of responsibility
- Leads all program launch activities from the quality perspective.
- Contribute to continuous improvement
- Works with Presstran personnel on APQP and cross functional teams on the development of new and existing components to meet critical customer deadlines.
- Implements new procedures and processes in prototype stages of product launches in compliance with customer specific requirements.
- Coordinates, prepare and implement new program fixture build cost, timing and quality, to meet customer and Presstran standards.
- Actively participates in the development of PFMEA’s
- Evaluates dimensional issues and develop appropriate SC’s and/or CCs on new programs in conjunction with the project co-ordinator and/or customer.
- Plans and prepares PPAP submissions on new products and engineering changes to meet customer deadlines and customer specific requirements (PSO and Run @ Rate)
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality while managing customer sensitive documents and data that drives process and product changes
- Develops and maintains Q.A. Control Plan Package documentation and procedures.
- Evaluates quality issues utilizing appropriate problem solving techniques, CAD, statistics and GD&T as required.
- Assists in ISO/IATF-16949 and ISO14000 implementation and compliance.
- Post-secondary graduate with a technical degree.
- At least 3 years of automotive, Q.A. and/or quality Coordinator experience.
- Computer and CAD proficiency is required.
- Prior experience implementing ISO/IATF-16949procedures, APQP, PPAP submissions, GD&T, Flow Diagrams, FMEA’s , Control Plans, Statistics, Fixture Development and independent work with tooling subcontractors.
- Demonstrated ability to use basic measurement tools (height gauge, vernier, micrometer, bore gauge, indicator, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to conduct root cause analysis using various problem solving techniques including Drill Deep, 8D, 5 Phase.
- Good organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate cross-functional team meetings
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates urgency and the ability to work to meet deadlines and multiple demands
- Ability to travel and work overtime on short notice to meet customer and plant needs.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
EQUIPMENT and/or PRODUCT FAMILIARITY:
Equipment: PC, telephone, photocopier, fax, various fixtures, gauges and measuring instruments
Software: Microsoft Office, Windows, databases, spreadsheets, word processing, AutoCAD, Mechanical Desktop, etc.
Overtime after 44 hours per week.
Vacation: 2 weeks of paid vacation (3 weeks after 3 years) + 3 Personal Paid Holidays (PPH)
Medical and Dental Coverage. Plant wide Incentive Program – based on a number of factors, all members of our team receive an Incentive Bonus, if requirements are met. Magna Profit Sharing. Matched GRRSP. Company paid life insurance and AD&D coverage. Educational Assistance program. Work boot, safety glasses and custom molded earplug allowances.
Weekly pay via direct deposit. Barbecues and Children’s Christmas Party.
Roger’s cell phone plan available to Presstran Team Members, month Employee discounts (new vehicle, amusement parks etc.)