Specialist or Engineer, Computer Modeling & Simulation
Key Job Elements:
- Perform advanced computer simulations of military vehicles and subsystems
- Support new product development with simulations and analyses
- Guide design based on simulation results
- Perform structural analyses using NX NASTRAN, Hypermesh/Radioss and/or SimSolid
- Perform fatigue/durability analysis
- Perform strain test data analysis using Glyphworks
- Write technical reports; prepare technical information to support bid and proposal activities
- Provide support for R&D validation testing (i.e. prepare test plan/report, perform data reduction/analysis, participate in testing at test sites)
- Conduct research of new simulation techniques applicable to GDLS-C products
- Write technical reports, prepare technical information to support bid and proposal activities
- Participate in R&D planning with technology development proposals
- Research new automotive technologies and evaluate their applicability to GDLS-C products
- University Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or Mechatronics Engineering
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in computer modeling and simulation field
- Superior communication, organization and prioritization skills
- Knowledge of automotive and off-road vehicle design
- Ability to travel (5% Canadian) and (5% US & International) and possess/be able to acquire and maintain a valid passport
- Familiar with NX NASTRAN, Hypermesh, SimSolid, Glyphworks and/or other FEA/CAE tools
- P. Eng.
- Advanced Degree in Engineering
- In-depth knowledge of structural analyses methods and software packages
- Experience in vehicle and subsystem testing, creating test plans/procedures and execution of vehicle/subsystem tests, experience in data collection, and processing.
- A background and/or interest in off road vehicles
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.