Tooling Engineering Specialist
Why Join Marwood
Who We are:
- Marwood International Inc. is a full service, award-winning, Tier I and 2 automotive OEM structural components and modular assembly supplier, that focuses on waste elimination and light-weighting initiatives from prototypes to full volume products to end of life service parts throughout Canada, US and Japan.
- Marwood is also a well-established Canadian owned manufacturing company which have been in the industry for 30+ years!
- We are community oriented, and focused on health and wellness.
We are happy to have you join our team!
- Competitive Pay plus premiums
- GREAT benefits and Perks: dental, medical and vision coverage, as well as outstanding pension plan and more
- Also, company provided uniforms!
Apply today to speak with our recruiter!
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Work with Program team to acquire tooling estimates for project budget/timing objectives
- Organize cross-functional team meetings for design, process and build review
- Review vendor timelines to ensure program objectives are met
- Interpret engineering drawings, component prints, assembly and part/product drawings
- Perform calculations for tool and die process
- Construct tooling that adheres to Marwood Die Design Guidelines
- Plan, coordinate and organize the die build process
- Evaluate tooling orders, vendor design for sign off
- Inspect test and analyze new, prototype and redesigned tools and dies for conformance to customer specifications
- Work with tool contractors, machine shops and specialty services to develop tool and product prototypes
- Work with the Quality Department to complete PPAP documentation
- Develop work orders, manuals and performance specifications to determine manufacturing procedure to be used
- Test functional performance of tooling and parts & create Tooling Purchase Orders
- Continuously identify process risks per Design and process FMEA's for defined requirements and implement process controls.
- Provide problem identification and resolution assistance to plant during launch and continuous improvement activities
- Other duties as required
- Recognized Tool & Die Maker Certificate of Qualification
- 10-15 years' experience in a stamping environment
Additional Technical and Professional Requirements:
- Excellent attendance & willing to work overtime when required
- Good communication, problem solving, organization and planning skills
- Self-motivated, team player, fast learner, & able to work with minimal supervision
We are committed to giving people with disabilities an equal opportunity to provide feedback, and access any information they may need. Please advise if you require accommodation.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Pre-employment screening will be required.
For more information, please visit our website: www.marwoodinternational.com