Operations Supervisor (12 month term - 2nd shift)
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Operations Supervisor role is responsible for translating the objectives of our organization into the tasks that the team needs to accomplish. You will provide direction to the operations team to accomplish daily production goals with an emphasis on the customer and key stakeholders, promoting the company's approach to ensuring our products, people and environment are kept safe.
- Understanding the daily production demands and ensure that production needs are met.
- Maintain established crew levels through recruitment scheduling and assignment of hourly stakeholders.
- Promote a culture of people safety and food safety by championing best practices in these areas and ensuring accountability and adherence to company programs.
- Train and motivate employees to drive maximum efficiency, productivity, food safety and quality, and engagement.
- Be the resource for employees, through coaching, investigating and following up on employee issues.
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance and disciplinary actions for your direct reports. You will also spend time completing the same tasks as employees on your team.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Excellent leadership and communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels in the plant
- Food processing plant experience
- Minimum one year of directly related work experience
- Flexibility of schedules
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- One year of supervisory experience
- Minimum of two years of experience in production and warehouse management
- Sanitation experience in a manufacturing facility
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.