Apprentice - Millwright - 3rd or 4th Year
Job Number: 51886
Group: Cosma International
Division: Formet Industries
Job Type: Apprentice
Location: St. Thomas, ONTARIO, CA, N5P 1G6
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
Under the guidance of a qualified Tradesman, the apprentice is responsible for assisting with and/or carrying out inspections, repairs, maintenance and modifications of machinery, equipment, and facilities. The Apprentice is responsible for adhering to all Ministry of Skills and Development regulations and training requirements.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- $28.44 per hour from 0 - 6000 hours
- Shifts rotate every 2 weeks between Days/Afternoons and Midnights
- Shift Premiums of $0.85/hour (afternoons) and $1.35/hour (midnights)
- Weekly pay via direct deposit
- Overtime (1.5x) after 40 hours worked
A Day in the Life of an Apprentice
- Start your day off in with a Shift Kick Off Team Meeting finding out the Team News as well as the Plant News, as well as your area of work for the day. We also review any safety, quality and/or production issues.
- Work with your Mentor answering calls, provided to you via Tablet Call Screen System.
- Watch, Learn, Ask Questions and Complete repairs on the equipment as required
- During no call times, watch the line for improvements, areas of opportunity as well as any potential upcoming issues
- During down time, work on repairing equipment in the tool shop.
- Always being available for your mentor to respond to a call if needed on the plant floor.
- Attend Trade School 1 day a week, and complete with a minimum passing grade of 70%, the Government required education.
- Occasionally attend and pass training for the position such as forklift, crane etc.
- Vacation entitlement
- 2 weeks of paid vacation (3 weeks after 3 years) + 3 company paid holidays + 2x ½ days = 14 days annually
- Overtime hours can be accumulated up to an additional 40 hours for vacation time
- Medical and Dental Benefits after 1 month of employment.
- Magna will contribute an amount equal to 3% of regular earnings every week to your retirement savings (MBC program)
- Profit sharing paid in the second quarter of every year (EEPPP Program)
- Matched GRRSP
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Safety Shoe annual allowance, prescription Safety Glasses annual allowance, Custom Molded Earplug allowance
- Company paid uniforms (if you choose to use)
- Company BBQ, Holiday Parties and Company Events
- Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives
- Annual Employee Opinion Survey
- Magna Service Award Program
- Magna Scholarship Program
- Roger’s and Bell cellphone data plan available – as low as $40/month!
- Subsidized cafeteria
- Educational Assistance Program
- Jump Start Program for personal training - $300 benefit
- Employee Discounts: new vehicles, amusement parks, etc.
- Plant-Wide Continuous Improvement Program: 2021 bonus = $1860
- You get to work with a FANTASTIC Team!
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That’s why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.