ABOUT THE ROLE
Amsted Automotive Group, Means Transform Products Division, is looking for a Process Engineer / Machining Specialist for their London, Ontario CA location.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Primary Function Summary
- Manage secondary machining and forming processes and associated improvement activities to meet and exceed plant and customer expectations.
- Ensure products meet quoted cycle time, material usage, scrap rate and operator requirements.
- Assist production staff as process expert by utilizing troubleshooting, diagnosis, debugging and other technical skills to keep production processes running at peak efficiency/performance.
- Support the Product Engineering launch process as it relates to secondary process capability and capacity.
- Liaise and support the program management team.
- Provide continuous assessment of the current state of production equipment to provide capacity and capability assessment to management staff.
- Work closely with plant management to drive execution of customer requirements and growth initiatives.
- Manage continuous improvement projects.
- Participate in company programs as required or requested including but not limited to 5S, Elimination of Waste, communication meetings, training, etc.
- Adapt and promote lean manufacturing principles (e.g., value stream mapping, SMED, standardized work methods, etc.) to improve assigned processes.
- Conduct all work activities in a manner that is supportive of team effort
- Participate in training or other team activities to support ongoing continuous improvement
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager, or his/her designate.
- Process: Assist in process development efforts through cross-functional teams to develop optimal cell layout, standardized cycle times, process flow, plant layout(s), equipment utilization and efficiency while adhering to safety, quality, productivity protocols and budgets.
- Develop, optimize, document, update process work instructions and set-up procedures as required. Assist with updating specifications and best practices for plant processes.
- Develop, document, and employ process troubleshooting guidelines. Assist production team on any production or technical issues.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Five (5) years of automotive (OEM or supplier) environment with Manufacturing Engineering experience in machining
- Strong programming skills for CNC / Flow Forms in G&M code
- Strong troubleshooting skills with an analytical approach
- Metallurgical understanding is an asset
- Understanding of high-volume manufacturing environments
- Excellent communication skills for interaction with the workforce, its suppliers, and customers
- Project management / product management skills
- Must have a positive, proactive, and problem-solving attitude
- Must be able to read GD&T
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Must be able to work necessary overtime if required
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Ability to communicate, written and verbal, across all levels of an organization
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Medical, Vision, Dental
- Prescription Drug Plan
- DPSP, RRSP
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Short-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Discount Programs
WHAT ELSE YOU’LL NEED TO KNOW
- Usage of a computer and production machinery
- Able and willing to work on floor to implement, manage and monitor improvement projects
- Can set up and operate machines when needed